This weekend, one of the most exciting duels in Major League Soccer will occur between the Los Angeles Galaxy and the always combative Seattle Sounders. A direct clash in the Western Conference, with the Los Angeles Galaxy with 15 points in seven matches, placed them in third and the Washington Sounders with 18 in eight matches at the top of the standings. The Galacticos are coming off a narrow win over the San Jose Earthquakes at Dignity Health Sports Park, thanks to Tanner Beason’s solitary own goal, while the Rave Green split the points with a scoreless draw against Austin FC at Lumen Field. The match will be played this Saturday, June 19, at 8:00 p.m. ET and broadcast on ESPN+.
Let’s review 5 interesting facts between the two teams:
1. The Los Angeles Galaxy’s undefeated streak at home will be on the line against the Western Conference leaders, who have never been empty-handed this season. Vanney’s team looks much better than when they visited Seattle a few weeks ago.
2. This will be the 34th meeting between these two sides. Los Angeles has the advantage with 13 wins, while Seattle has ten wins so far.
3. The Sounders will look to extend their undefeated streak in 2021 MLS to maintain their top spot in the standings.
4. Sounders have lost only once in the last 12 times they have met.
5. After Week 7, the Seattle Sounders continue to dominate the MLS Western Conference standings with 18 points, while the Los Angeles Galaxy sits two places below them with 15 points.
Here is the news of both teams before this great match:
L.A. Galaxy: Are coming into the match after a good run at home, but they seem to be different when they leave their stadium. They already lost the first of their duels against Seattle but hope to come out strong in Los Angeles and take all three points. The L.A. Galaxy failed to end their streak of two consecutive losses against Portland Timbers, as they fell to a disappointing 3-0 defeat on May 22. However, they quickly got back to winning ways last time out, claiming a 1-0 victory over a resilient San Jose Earthquakes team.
Let’s review the best plays from L.A Galaxy’s last game: (Video courtesy of: L.A. Galaxy).
Seattle Sounders: Along with Nashville SC, the Seattle Sounders remain the only undefeated team through a quarter of the season, although they have an extra game, for now, racking up three wins with a plus-eight advantage in goal differential, likewise, there is good news for El Delirio Verde because Peruvian striker Raúl Ruidíaz could be available this weekend after surprisingly not being included in Peru’s call-up for the Copa América; besides, nobody doubts that Seattle is currently one of the best teams in MLS. However, they have left many doubts in their last two matches: draws against Austin and Atlanta United at home, although they have yet to lose in the tournament.
Let’s review the best plays from Seattle Sounders’ last game: (Video courtesy of: Seattle Sounders).
Galaxy: 36.5% (+185) – Goals: 1.32 – Best O/U: u3-135
Sounders: 37.6% (+160) – Goals: 1.37 – Best O/U: o3+115
Draw: 25.9% (+235)